ABOUT THE FIRM
John Barker Law is a boutique firm offering strategic legal and policy expertise to the food and beverage sector with a special emphasis on wine and other alcoholic beverages. Combining specialised legal skills with extensive experience in government and industry, John Barker Law delivers strategic and outcome-focused advice to provide a clear regulatory pathway from production through to the global market. Our services are aimed at producers, exporters, service providers, industry bodies and government organisations.
We create added value for our clients by:
- offering highly specialised expertise and first-hand experience in key areas;
- minimising the cost of maintaining in-house capacity by providing access to relevant expertise on an ‘as-needed’ basis;
- minimising the cost and risk of regulatory non-compliance, market access and intellectual property problems by developing proactive approaches;
- offering an independent perspective, experienced at taking a sector-wide view encompassing national and international trends;
- offering experience that spans many markets with strong global networks to draw on for the right strategic legal and policy advice.
Our client base is international, covering not only New Zealand but also Australia, USA, Asia and Europe. We provide services to private sector clients ranging from boutique producers to some of the world’s largest food and beverage companies, as well as public sector entities including industry organisations, government and the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation.